Psychotherapy treatment is designed to relieve specific emotional or behavioral symptoms and enhance personal growth. In individual therapy with people who suffer from severe anxiety and depression, those who are struggling with important life issues such as break-up, divorce, or loss of employment. I work with couples who wish to improve their communication skills to develop more satisfying relationships, and with families in conflict.
- Psychotherapy for children and adolescents
- Individual therapy for adults
- Family Therapy
- Relationship difficulties
- Intimacy Issues in individual and couples
Psychological Assessment & Testing
This area of my expertise is the study of the relation between brain function and behavior. Psychological testing can often help us clarify a diagnosis, especially in cases where making a diagnosis without testing has been difficult. Testing can help us uncover why a child or a teenager is having problems at school or with his or her peers. Knowing what is happening with the person helps us outline interventions to improve that person’s life. On occasion, people also request cognitive testing because they want to know their own or their child’s IQ level. Some private schools require an estimate of an IQ for admission purposes.
- Educational and Psychodiagnostic Evaluations
- Cognitive & psychological assessments
- IQ testing
* To protect confidentiality, names, personal information and details of the clinical case presented on this site have been altered. However, these examples represent many common cases that Dr. Gutkin has worked with over the years.